Welcome to my blog, and the story of my life and travels over the past couple years. Thanks for stopping by and taking an interest in the amazing things that I have been fortunate enough to experience. I hope the stories I have shared not only put a smile on your face, but also allow us to stay connected as I continue this journey, and...The Slow Road Home. Please feel free to leave comments about the entries or the blog in general to help me know what you like and what is interesting. It is a pleasure for me to write and I want it to be just as interesting and exciting for you to read. Thanks.
Enjoy,
Nick

2.10.2010

Making friends and Meeting People

1/22/10

Hanging out in Wanaka for a few more days we made a nice little group of friends. It was really nice actually staying in one place for so long. Not only did we not have to keep packing and unpacking our bags, but we got to know the staff and others who had been staying there for a while. Sabrina, who I already mentioned, Camilla and Richard from England, AJ and another guy from Indiana, Adam and Jenny from Canada, Clarissa, I think from Canada, and Charlie from Tahoe. We also made friends with some of the regular staff at the hostel, Shane from the front desk and Tim at the bar. We spent the next couple of days hanging out with them. Our last day in Wanaka, Trev had to take care of some stuff on the computer so I went down to the lake to sit and chat with our new friends. Hung out there for a couple hours, just relaxing, talking, and throwing around a football. After that, it was back to the room to grab Trev and on to Red Star, home of the second best burger I’ve had in my life. The best burger I’ve ever had was in Queenstown, at Fergburger, but I’ll get to that later. So, the ten of us brought some beers over and sat on the deck and enjoyed the red star burger. Laughing and having a great time, we sat there for over an hour before heading back to the hostel because Charlie had to get ready for work that night.


On top of cleaning toilets he was also the karaoke guy at the Mint Bar, below our hostel. Trev stayed in, still recovering from the race and the insane amount of money we had to spend thus far, and I headed out for a few beers and to watch Charlie do his thing. Had such a great night. Charlie not only runs the karaoke, but when he feels it he gets up and throws down some pretty mean freestyle raps. We were leaving the next day around two for Queenstown, and most of our friends were doing the same. Before our bus left Trev and I killed a few hours by walking around the lake before sharing a subway and a last pitcher of Tui, our favorite New Zealand beer. Off to Queenstown, on the bus and fast asleep. This was certain to be a fun couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment