Welcome to my blog, and the story of my life and travels over the past couple years. Thanks for stopping by and taking an interest in the amazing things that I have been fortunate enough to experience. I hope the stories I have shared not only put a smile on your face, but also allow us to stay connected as I continue this journey, and...The Slow Road Home. Please feel free to leave comments about the entries or the blog in general to help me know what you like and what is interesting. It is a pleasure for me to write and I want it to be just as interesting and exciting for you to read. Thanks.
Enjoy,
Nick

1.16.2012

And Then… I Met a Girl

I was woken up from my nap by a whiney little French guy complaining that there was no hot water in the shower. Now let me first make it clear, I do not think that the French are all whiney little people, it just so happened that this guy was little, very whiney, and French. As he was complaining about the water situation, I tried to get on the internet, but couldn’t connect. By this time the whiney, little (French) guy had gone down stairs to ask the friendly Canadian guy at reception, why there was no hot water. As they came back in the room, the now slightly perturbed Canadian guy, explained to our French friend that the water heater was empty from everyone else who had already showered and he would have to wait, which quickly transformed whiney little Frenchy into sulking-pouting Frenchy. As the now fully perturbed Canadian passed my bunk, trying my best not to be the annoying-obnoxious American guy, I politely asked if there was something wrong with the internet, cause I couldn’t connect, to which he responded, “The internet is fine, I was just on it. You should probably try it again.” and walked out. After a couple more tries, I headed downstairs to get some fresh air (have a cigarette) and see if I could talk the Canadian into resetting the modem for me, which he kindly did. As I was sitting on the patio, out walks the beautiful-friendly Australian girl who said hi to everyone on the patio, but only got a response from me, the now friendly-CHARMING American. We sat and chatted for a few minutes, finished our smokes and headed back in, casually saying, “Nice to meet you”, as I headed back to my room. Once in my room I quickly decided that I needed to find a reason to go back down and talk to that girl. Then it came to me… I hadn’t paid for my bed yet, and since she was hanging out in reception with the Canadian, I could go pay for my room and then ask if she’d like to join me for another cigarette. So, quick check in the mirror and I was off. In the office I talked to the Canadian for a minute, Kyle was his name by the way, settled my bill, and then I invited Rani, the Australian to join me on the patio again. She accepted and we headed out. It was all going to plan…
Turns out, she was also from Byron Bay, and so of course I had to tell her how much I loved it there, and that I had met two guys from there that afternoon. She was impressed that I knew the town, but told me she did not know Harry and David. After a nice little chat, I told her I was going to go shower, and asked what she was doing that night. She said she was going to Charlie’s Bar, and that I should head down there. I was excited at the invite, but later found out that since she too worked at the hostel, it was part of her job description to tell EVERYONE to go to Charlie’s. So, to the shower it was and then off to the bar to see the lovely Australian.

No comments:

Post a Comment