2/22/10
From Hervey I was off to Noosa and my whistle stop tour of the Sunshine and Gold Coasts. Spending only one day in Noosa, I got checked in and headed straight to the beach. I hung out there for a few hours making the best of the poorly shaped, knee high waves that were slowly rolling in, until the rain came in and I was forced to head back to the hostel. Once in the hostel, it was another relaxing night. A little bit of pool, some ping pong, some dinner, and off to bed. Next day I headed to Surfers Paradise to meet up with Heidi and Pipsa. Within five minutes of getting off the bus the girls met me at the station and walked me to their house to drop my bags. From there they took me on a walking tour of the beach and the city, before heading back to the house. I had heard from many people that Surfers paradise was actually quite shitty, but I really enjoyed it for a couple days stay. It reminded me a lot of Waikiki and Honolulu. A very nice beach backed by a proper city complete with high rise apartments, offices, hotels, and a very fast energetic center buzzing with people bouncing between the shops, restaurants, pubs, and clubs. Back at the flat, I noticed that the wind had died down so I headed down to the beach to see if I could find a wave. Heidi had to head into work, so Pipsa joined me on the beach. I surfed for about forty-five minutes as the sun ducked behind the beachfront skyline, before dropping completely out of sight. Finally a proper surf; chest to shoulder high plus, and only five or six guys out. After a handful of waves I caught my wave of the day. A beautiful shoulder high little ripper that I rode almost all the way to the sand. A great way to end the day! From there Pipsa and I headed back the house, I had a shower and we headed out for a quick drink and to get things to make dinner. Another early night. Next morning I woke early hoping to get another good surf, but the wind was up earlier than me, and I headed back to bed. Once the girls woke up as well, we attempted to head to the beach and brave the wind, but it proved to be stronger than us, so we headed to one of the local hotels and snuck into the pool and jacuzzi there. After we had our fill of hot water and bubbles we grabbed some takeaway sushi, ate it at the beach, and then headed back to the flat to relax before making dinner and heading out for a night on the town. After a wonderful curry made by their other flatmate, Dolan, we headed to another friend, Kaleil’s, high rise apartment for a drink and a great view of the city. From there we wondered down to the city itself and went to a couple bars. After a couple for drinks I decided to leave the others behind as I headed back to the flat to get some rest before my eight o’clock bus to Byron Bay. I had heard great things about Byron and was very excited to see it for myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment