Welcome to my blog, and the story of my life and travels over the past couple years. Thanks for stopping by and taking an interest in the amazing things that I have been fortunate enough to experience. I hope the stories I have shared not only put a smile on your face, but also allow us to stay connected as I continue this journey, and...The Slow Road Home. Please feel free to leave comments about the entries or the blog in general to help me know what you like and what is interesting. It is a pleasure for me to write and I want it to be just as interesting and exciting for you to read. Thanks.
Enjoy,
Nick

4.16.2011

What Are You Going To Do In Rome Except Suffer?!

Waking up the next morning after a much needed and appreciated sleep, I had breakfast with the family and let them know that while looking through my book and the map of Europe I had decided that I was going to head to Croatia for the next part of my trip. They invited me to head out with them to explore a bit of the area we were staying in, but I passed as I wanted to stay in and check out the details of how to get to Croatia from Rome, how long it would take, and when I would be able to leave. As I was checking train and ferry schedules, I thought I’d call Gianni to see how things were in Ischia and ask him to say hi to everyone and tell them I was thinking about them. Gianni, happy that I had called asked me how things were and where I was. When I told him I was in Rome he quickly yelled at me, “It’s 100 degrees in Rome! What are you going to do there except suffer?! You should come back to Ischia for a few days”. I told him I would think about it and get back to him in an hour or so, and he told me if I wanted to come he would have a car waiting for me at the port and that another friend of ours had a house I could stay in for as long as I wanted. Getting off the phone I went outside to think, and after one minute in the early morning heat, my decision was made, I called Gianni and told him I was once again Ischia bound. He laughed and simply said that he knew I would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment