4.16.2011
All Good Things Come To An End
Waking up in Lavezzi we made breakfast, went for a swim, and then prepared to sail back to port. We had a good wind that day and therefore enjoyed our last sail for the trip. As we neared the dock we saw that we still had a bit of time till the boat was due back and decided to go for one last swim and enjoy the crystal clear blue water of the Med. It was a bit bitter-sweet. We all jumped in and tried to have the same fun we had over the previous six days, but it was hard to fully enjoy it knowing that in just under an hour we would be tying off to the dock and packing up shop. As we approached the dock the staff was there waiting for us, probably to make sure we came in smoothly and didn’t take out the dock or any of the boats around us. We, however, had become pros by this time and smoothly pulled into the dock without missing a beat. We would be spending the night on the boat here at the port before waking up to head back to the airport. We had a few beers, ate the rest of the leftover food, and sat around discussing what a wonderful week it had been and what an amazing group of people we had had to share it with. The next morning we unloaded and just to make sure to show the girls that we did not buy too much beer opened the last of them as we boarded the taxi. Everyone was heading to the airport to fly to Rome, and I was continuing on to the ferry port to catch a ferry into Civitavechia, a port city just outside of Rome. Rob had offered to let me stay at the apartment they had rented in the city, and I gladly accepted as I knew I would be tired from the long ferry ride and the train from Civitavechia to Rome. Once on the ferry I reflected on the sailing trip and began to think of what adventures were still ahead of me as I would soon be back on my own. So with the sun shining on the deck of boat, I pulled out my trusty Lonely Planet, and began planning the next part of my adventure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment