After getting off the phone with Gianni I prepared my things, waited for Rob and the family to get back, said some very heartfelt goodbyes, and was once again off to catch a bus, a train, and a ferry. I had no idea where I would be staying once I arrived in Ischia, but I knew that I would be comfortable and that Gianni, being Gianni, would have everything taken care of by the time I got there. So with my bags back on my shoulders, I stepped out in to the 100 degree heat to make my way to the train station. Once on board the train I called Gianni and let him know my train number and what time I was due to arrive in Naples. As I stepped off the train there was a man in a suit with a sign that said, “Nik” waiting for me. We quickly introduced ourselves as we made our way to the Mercedes and drove down to the port and onto the ferry. Once more, I was relaxed and already feeling at home as I made my way across the Bay of Naples, to the beautiful Island of Ischia. As the boat approached the dock I noticed Antonio waiting for me on the other side. We put my bags in the car and he told me that Gianni had arranged for me to stay in “La Casetta”, the “small house” just above Lacco Ameno, and that since Gianni needed his scooter Antonio would let me use his for the time that I was on the Island. I don’t know how he manages to do it every time, and I’m not about to ask, but once again, in just a matter of hours Gianni had arranged my transport, a place to stay, and a means of transportation, and all at no cost to me. I had originally thought that I would stay in Ischia for only two or three days, but I was already beginning to think it might be a few more. As you may have already guessed, I stayed more than three days.
5.01.2011
La Casetta
After getting off the phone with Gianni I prepared my things, waited for Rob and the family to get back, said some very heartfelt goodbyes, and was once again off to catch a bus, a train, and a ferry. I had no idea where I would be staying once I arrived in Ischia, but I knew that I would be comfortable and that Gianni, being Gianni, would have everything taken care of by the time I got there. So with my bags back on my shoulders, I stepped out in to the 100 degree heat to make my way to the train station. Once on board the train I called Gianni and let him know my train number and what time I was due to arrive in Naples. As I stepped off the train there was a man in a suit with a sign that said, “Nik” waiting for me. We quickly introduced ourselves as we made our way to the Mercedes and drove down to the port and onto the ferry. Once more, I was relaxed and already feeling at home as I made my way across the Bay of Naples, to the beautiful Island of Ischia. As the boat approached the dock I noticed Antonio waiting for me on the other side. We put my bags in the car and he told me that Gianni had arranged for me to stay in “La Casetta”, the “small house” just above Lacco Ameno, and that since Gianni needed his scooter Antonio would let me use his for the time that I was on the Island. I don’t know how he manages to do it every time, and I’m not about to ask, but once again, in just a matter of hours Gianni had arranged my transport, a place to stay, and a means of transportation, and all at no cost to me. I had originally thought that I would stay in Ischia for only two or three days, but I was already beginning to think it might be a few more. As you may have already guessed, I stayed more than three days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment