Unfortunately for Angie the weather was not that great while she was here, but we made the best of it by taking regular trips on Gianni’s scooter to the different towns on the island, cooking at home a lot, playing cards, going to amazing dinners at Gianni’s house or at some of his other “favorite” restaurants, and of course going out to the clubs. The days were great, even if the weather wasn’t but now I must tell you about the highlights…
6.04.2010
Angie
If you’ve been following my story for awhile you will remember that when I was in New Zealand I met a girl named Angie from the United States, Wisconsin to be exact, that I ended up meeting up with Singapore. If this is all knew to you, you might want to go back to the entry about Singapore to get caught up. Actually, if this is all knew to you, you should probably go back to the beginning and start over, but I’ll leave that decision up to you. Anyway, true to her word Angie sent me a message letting me know when she would be in Italy, and true to my word I offered her a place to stay in Ischia. She arrived on Monday the third of May, the day after Gino and Marissa left. Needless to say, after Gino and Marissa left I spent the day cleaning and getting the house ready. Another perk about living here, and more accurately, about being friends with Gianni, is that I get fresh linen every week for the beds, fresh towels, bath robes, and facial towels from the guy who provides linen for all the hotels on the island. So after a few hours of cleaning, changing linen and restocking the towels the house was ready for my next guest. A friend of mine Alessandro, who I taught how to skateboard seven years ago, offered to give me a ride to the port to pick Angie up, and Gianni had arranged for one of his drivers to pick her up from the airport and bring her to the ferry terminal. Everything went as planned and early Monday evening we were heading back to Lacco Ameno. Within a couple of hours of arriving Gianni called and asked if we wanted to go to what is seeming to become the “Welcome to Ischia dinner” at Delfino. Again, the decisions were made for us as we sat down, the wine and the water were poured, five amazing courses were served, and when Gianni decided it was time to leave, we left.
.JPG)

.JPG)
.JPG)
Unfortunately for Angie the weather was not that great while she was here, but we made the best of it by taking regular trips on Gianni’s scooter to the different towns on the island, cooking at home a lot, playing cards, going to amazing dinners at Gianni’s house or at some of his other “favorite” restaurants, and of course going out to the clubs. The days were great, even if the weather wasn’t but now I must tell you about the highlights…
Unfortunately for Angie the weather was not that great while she was here, but we made the best of it by taking regular trips on Gianni’s scooter to the different towns on the island, cooking at home a lot, playing cards, going to amazing dinners at Gianni’s house or at some of his other “favorite” restaurants, and of course going out to the clubs. The days were great, even if the weather wasn’t but now I must tell you about the highlights…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment