Welcome to my blog, and the story of my life and travels over the past couple years. Thanks for stopping by and taking an interest in the amazing things that I have been fortunate enough to experience. I hope the stories I have shared not only put a smile on your face, but also allow us to stay connected as I continue this journey, and...The Slow Road Home. Please feel free to leave comments about the entries or the blog in general to help me know what you like and what is interesting. It is a pleasure for me to write and I want it to be just as interesting and exciting for you to read. Thanks.
Enjoy,
Nick

3.31.2010

Stay To The Left. Stay To The Left. Stay To The Left.

3/29/10
Next morning Kristin and I made our way down to the car rental place, filled out the appropriate forms to rent a car in Ireland (showed a valid drivers license and signed our names), and away we went. It has been three months since I have driven a car and over two of those months have been spent in countries that drive on the left side of the road, so I would like to think I had an advantage over most other right side of the road drivers from the get go. This proved to be wrong when I went to make my first lane change, not two blocks from the rental place, and turned on the windshield wipers instead of the blinker! All the while all I could focus on was my own voice in my head saying, “Stay to the left. Stay to the left. Stay to the left.”

1 comment:

  1. LOL Nick. I swear that was our chant/mantra 25-years ago when Sandra and I were driving around the South Island of New Zealand. Some things never change!

    ReplyDelete