If you’ve been following my story for a while now you probably recall Teresa, the Irish girl I met in New Zealand who put me up in her flat in Sydney for a few days. If you’ve just joined the story already in progress, while I was in New Zealand I met an Irish girl named Teresa that was on her way to Sydney to study for a year, and offered me a place to stay when I reached Sydney. True to her word she let me crash at her place a couple of days and told me I should look up her uncle who owned a pub when I was in Dublin. Assuming it would be rude not to, I headed to the pub for a pint and to introduce myself. I met both her uncle and her cousin and enjoyed some friendly conversation over a pint before heading out to start my last day in Dublin. Kristin and I sorted all the details for the rental car and mapped out our plan of attack for seeing the country, and decided since it was rainy and cold, that today would be a great day to go to the Jameson Distillery. We joined the hop on/hop off bus at stop number one and rode it around town getting a narrative tour of the city before finally reaching stop number 21 where we for the first time hopped off. Once here we had to wait for our tour to start so agreed to warm up with what was the best Irish coffee either of us has ever had. Once the tour began I was selected to be one of the lucky eight who got to do a whisky tasting at the end before enjoying my free/included in admission glass of Jamesons.
The tour itself seemed more like a pitch to get you to never purchase another whiskey other than Jamesons, but was informative and enjoyable none the less. At the end I was treated to my taste test which put Jamesons head to head against Johnny Walker Black Label and Jack Daniels.
Bert, if you’re reading this, sorry they made me say Jamesons was the best whisky in the world before allowing me my “free” glass. Seeing as we had a big day of renting a car and attempting to make it safely to Kilkenny on the wrong side of the road ahead of us, we decided to make our way back to the hostel, have a little dinner, and call it an early night.
No comments:
Post a Comment