As the bar came to a close we all went our separate ways and I returned home to organize my things a little and think about how much I was going to miss this wonderful little piece of land in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea. Unfortunately I was already starting to get too emotional about leaving and I still had three days to go before I would leave.
8.24.2010
My Last Sunday
Though Sunday is usually the biggest lunch meal of the week I rarely made it to Mama Maria’s for the Sunday feast as we normally didn’t get back from the clubs till sometime between 4:30 and 6:30am Sunday morning. However, being that it was my last Sunday I decided that I needed to go this week. As Usual it was a great feast and Mama Maria was happy that I came. Also, as usual, my plate was much larger than everyone else’s. After lunch I returned to the house for a much needed nap. Normally on Sunday nights I liked to go to Bar Campo for a pizza and stuck with that tradition for my last Sunday. So it was off to Bar Campo to watch the World Cup and eat yet another perfect pizza with Martino and another friend of ours. From the bar we headed out to Forio for a few drinks, and then down to Bar Franco for some live music and to meet up with Gianni and Antonio. What a great way to end things! As I walked in the bar was packed with a lot of friends and everyone was in a great mood. Before I knew it everyone was swinging off of each other’s arms, singing along, and even getting half naked and dancing on top of tables and chairs.


As the bar came to a close we all went our separate ways and I returned home to organize my things a little and think about how much I was going to miss this wonderful little piece of land in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea. Unfortunately I was already starting to get too emotional about leaving and I still had three days to go before I would leave.
As the bar came to a close we all went our separate ways and I returned home to organize my things a little and think about how much I was going to miss this wonderful little piece of land in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea. Unfortunately I was already starting to get too emotional about leaving and I still had three days to go before I would leave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment