After the game we made our way back tothe metro and then onto the ferry to come back to Ischia. For the evening, it was the usual Sunday night at Bar Campo for a pizza and an early night.
7.20.2010
Let’s Try This Again
Sunday morning after the wedding, Angie had to wake up at 5:30 to hop on one Gianni’s Company’s tours to Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius. I luckily got to sleep in till ten before hopping on a ferry with Martino to head back to Naples to make the second attempt at entering Stadio San Paolo. We were better prepared this time however. First I need to tell you how the selling of the tickets work here though. You have to be a resident of the Region to buy a ticket and you have to bring your documents with you to the game to show security that the name on the ticket matches the documents. Carmela purchased my ticket a few days before the game with her brother using his documents and Martino brought me the documents in the morning, along with the ticket, so I could get in. So in all reality, though I had a real ticket in my hand there was still a chance I would not make it in to actually see the match. In Naples again, we ate a pizza close to the stadium and then got in line to enter. Success! We made it past security and quickly made our way to the area that Martino and about fifteen other friends like to sit for the games. As a lot of you know, I am a diehard Dodger fan and go to a minimum of fifteen games a season, and have also seen my fair share of football games. Still, I have to say that the experience of being at a Futbol match in Italy, especially Naples, is one that cannot be compared to. As I had mention before, you have to be a resident of the region to get a ticket, and if you are there to support the opposing team there is a little area for you to sit, that is caged and netted, for your protection. Its quite an amazing experience when the entire stadium (of nearly 45,000) is cheering for the same thing at the same time.
Fortunately for us, Napoli won, and I was treated to the entire stadium singing, dancing, and celebrating the win.
After the game we made our way back tothe metro and then onto the ferry to come back to Ischia. For the evening, it was the usual Sunday night at Bar Campo for a pizza and an early night.
After the game we made our way back tothe metro and then onto the ferry to come back to Ischia. For the evening, it was the usual Sunday night at Bar Campo for a pizza and an early night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment