7.25.2010
Kristin’s Arrival
The day after the dinner with the girls Kristin was to finally make it to the island, or at least I was hoping. Again I had not heard from her and wasn’t sure what time she would be in. The last time we spoke she had told me what time she was expecting to arrive in Naples, so I took a guess at what time she would be able to get a boat to Ischia and therefore what time she would arrive. I once again headed up to Mama Maria’s for lunch and then met up with my good friend Gianluigi. Gianluigi had been telling me all week that on Friday he was going to take me for a “giro” or spin on his motorcycle, and I had been really excited that the day had finally come. We started out the ride on the main coastal road, well actually the only road that leads to Ischia Porto, with a nice pace and a great view. However, once we rounded the corner past the port it was balls to the wall 120kilometers an hour, passing cars, busses, and trucks all the while. Slightly scared and extremely excited we had made it to the other side of the island in no time at all before heading back into Lacco for me to grab Gianni’s scooter and head into the port to pickup Kristin. For dinner that night, yup, you guessed it, Delfino and our usual feast of octopus, anchovies, first plate of linguini and clams, fresh grilled fish, finished with fruit, and eventually dessert. That night was also Sara’s birthday party so we headed over to the bars on the Riva Destra to help her celebrate. After the cake and champagne we all made our way to Friends for yet another night of dancing and fun. Gianni had to work early the next morning so he left early and I told him not to worry that we would find a ride home. Lucky, around four thirty I found Mario, Antonio’s brother, who had room in his friends truck to get us back to Lacco. Saturday we woke up late and noticed that the weather wasn’t looking too good, so decided to just make lunch at the house and relax. That night we headed up to Bar Campo for the perfect pizza, and called it an early night as Kristin was heading off to Pompeii at 6am Sunday morning. Only two days in Ischia and Kristin had already gone for a ride on the scooter, had dinner in one of the best restaurants, and went to two of the best clubs on the island, had an amazing home cooked meal (at least I think it was amazing), and had the perfect pizza… not a bad start!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment