I woke up at Rani’s in a panic. I had planned on only being in Split for two nights and therefore was supposed to be checking out from the hostel that morning at 10am. It was almost 11. Rani asked me what was wrong and I informed her of the situation and she said not to worry she would call the hostel and let whoever was working know that I would be checking out late. Perfect. So Rani, picked up her phone and called Kosta, who was working that morning, and this was the conversation:
Rani: Hey Kosta, it’s Rani. There is a guy staying in 42 that is meant to check out today, but he’s gonna be late. Just don’t sell his bed till he comes and gets his stuff.
Kosta: Ok. Why’s he gonna be late?
Rani: Cause he’s at my house.
Kosta: Ok. What’s his name?
Rani: Ummm. Ummm. NICK. His name’s Nick.
Kosta: (laughter) Ok, I’ll make sure to wait for him.
Next conversation, this time me and Rani:
Me: You totally forgot my name!
Rani: No I didn’t it just took me a second.
Me: You totally forgot my name!
Rani: It just took me a second. I just woke up! At least I didn’t have to ask you, “Hey, what’s your name again?”
Me: True. That woulda sucked.
We both just started laughing and moved right passed it. Plus, we had bigger things to worry about. We both wanted to spend more time together, but as I said, I was only supposed to be in Split for the two nights, and had planned on only being in Croatia for twelve days. I decided, screw it. I would stay another couple nights in Split, and we would take it from there… after all, in the words of the wise Mike Tyson, “Everyone has a plan…. Till they get hit.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment